HTC Sense 4.0 previewed with dozens of new features and full DropBox integration -
HTC seems to be in the the media more lately and I can say that I’m very anxious to hear what they have to say. The recently announced decision to bring a shift in philosophy for the company in 2012 focusing on quality not quantity is exciting news. I think that’s a wise move on their part and I applaud them for that decision. Now, we hear that they are updating their proprietary UI, Sense, to 4.0. Pocketnow recently received a sneak peak of the upcoming update and it appears to be a slick upgrade. Some of the features include:
- Smart Sync option that learns your email behavior and adjusts push-notifications accordingly
- Landscape support for the homescreen
- 50GB free cloud storage via Dropbox service with advanced integration with HTC applications
- Guest mode access that allows certain apps and personal data to be locked
- Lockscreen access to notification men, app shortcuts, contacts and task lists
- Read/Watch Later feature in browser
- Sliders are now gray with buttons with rounded square edges
- 3-button configuration for Ice Cream Sndwich devices
- 3-dimensional task switcher
- Reader mode in browser that removes ads
- Beats Audio now supports third-party applications.
HTC Sense 4.0 looks promising and this is not the final build. These newly-added features and updated UI should cause most HTC device users to re-evaluate what default app launcher they will use. I look forward to seeing the final build as well as images that leak on the internet prior to release. This new UI and the announcements at the upcoming Mobile World Congress will surely keep HTC busy and us excited as we move on further into 2012.
Are you looking forward to Sense 4.0?