T-Mobile G2 Gingerbread update rolling out now! - HTC Source
The official T-Mobile G2 Gingerbread update is finally here! T-Mobile announced yesterday that the Android 2.3.3 update is being pushed out OTA to G2 users across the country. As most of you know, most of the changes included in the new update are mostly cosmetic UI tweaks (changing many elements to black), but we have a full list of new features and bug fixes below.
If you have not already received an update notification on your G2, you can check for the update manually by pressing Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates. There’s no guarantee that this will trigger the update, but it’s at least worth a try. If you do not get the update, T-Mobile’s urging G2 customers to hold off until September 1st before calling customer service.
For those not willing to wait that long, T-Mobile will soon offer in-store update support. Starting on August 5th you can take your G2, myTouch 3G Slide, and myTouch 4G into your local T-Mobile store and have the update installed manually by one of T-Mobile’s customer service reps. The in-store system updates will be installed view microSD card and could erase all the data on your phone. Just be sure to make a backup of all you’re important data and you shouldn’t have any issues.
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
- Tell HTC app
- Google Books added
- Notification bar color scheme is changed to black
- New battery indicator, phone, and web icons
- Color-coded network icon and signal indicator added. Green when connected to Google servers. Grey when not connected.
- Pressing the power key while on a call disables the proximity sensor
- Wi-Fi calling improvements
- New SMS and email notification improvements
- Improvements to sending MMS from the Gallery
Source: T-Mobile and thanks to for the tip