HTC DROID DNA officially unveiled - heading to Verizon on November 21st for $199 - HTC Source
The legendary HTC DROID DNA is now official! Verizon and HTC have finally unveiled the first phone to hit the U.S market with a 5-inch 1080p display with a mind-bending 440ppi. The official spec list of the HTC DROID DNA also includes a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, 2.1 megapixel front-facing camera with 1080p video capture and an ultra-wide angle lens, 8 megapixel rear camera with a BSI sensor, 1o80p capture and HTC’s ImageChip, NFC, LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, WiFi a/b/g/n, Beats Audio, built-in amplifier for the speaker phone and 3.5mm headphone jack and a 2,020 mAh battery.
The HTC DROID DNA will be available for $199 with a two-year contract starting on Wednesday, November 21st. Those of you wanting to guarantee a phone on launch day will be able to pre-order the HTC DROID DNA later today.
For more details, check out the highlights lists HTC has put together for the HTC DROID DNA.
- Rivaling the latest HD TV technology, the DROID DNA by HTC introduces a revolutionary 5-inch full HD 1080p super LCD 3 display with rich colors, amazing brightness and the highest resolution and pixel density available on any smartphone.
- An unmatched combination of speed and performance, it’s powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro quad-core 1.5 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and HTC Sense 4+ with Android Jelly Bean – running on America’s largest 4G LTE network.
- Designed to accentuate the incredible 5-inch display, the curved, black, soft-touch back tapers to a mere 4mm to feel comfortable in your hand or pocket and the red microgrill sidewalls hint at the power inside.
- HTC’s Amazing Camera set a new standard for imaging with HTC ImageSense™ bringing improvements to every part of the camera including the lens, sensor, and software including a custom HTC ImageChip.
- New Sightseeing mode ensures you’re always ready to capture the moment as only one touch of the power button bypasses the lock screen and launches directly into the camera.
- A best-in-class 2.1MP, f/2.0 aperture, and 88-degree ultra-wide angle front-facing camera allows you to get up to four faces and additional background in your self-portraits. With Auto Portrait mode, touch to begin an automatic countdown timer—focus on your pose and not the shutter button.
- HTC VideoPic™ captures high-quality photos while shooting 1080p HD video and Continuous Shooting captures images up to 4 frames per second by simply holding the shutter button.
- Map and Event Views in gallery mode display photo albums according to when or where they were taken.
- Beats Audio™ delivers authentic, studio-quality sound across the entire multimedia experience.
- A unique 2.55v built-in headset amplifier and dedicated rear-speaker amp help to boost the audio signal for even better sound with music video and gaming to deliver crystal clear sound with less distortion, even at maximum volume.
DROID DNA BY HTC INTRODUCED AS THE ULTIMATE SMARTPHONE —
AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY FROM VERIZON WIRELESS
The first full HD 1080p display with the highest pixel density of any smartphone also features the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE
and HTC Sense 4+ with Android Jelly Bean
BELLEVUE, WA — Nov. 13, 2012 — HTC Corporation, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, and Verizon Wireless today announced the exclusive DROID DNA by HTC, the ultimate smartphone and the first with a full HD 1080p display. The DROID DNA by HTC will be available exclusively through Verizon Wireless through pre-order starting today and at retail stores nationwide Wednesday, November 21st.
“It’s no secret that people depend on their smartphones more and more every day which rightfully raises expectations for performance, speed, and design. The DROID DNA by HTC embodies a smartphone that pushes the envelope in all of these areas with the first true 1080p HD display, latest quad-core processor, and Verizon’s 4G LTE network, all wrapped in a beautifully crafted design,” said Jason Mackenzie, president, HTC Corporation. “The DROID DNA by HTC is sure to top wish lists this holiday season.”
The Ultimate Smartphone
With technology rivaling the latest HD TV’s, the DROID DNA by HTC is the first smartphone to feature a true 1080p HD super LCD 3 display with Corning