Sprint’s HTC EVO Design 4G joins the Android 4.0 club
It’s nice when one HTC handset gets updated to Android 4.0, but it’s extremely rare that we see a second phone get the update – on the same day. After pushing out the Ice Cream Sandwich update to the HTC EVO 3D, Sprint decided that it was also ready to deliver the dessert treat to the HTC EVO Design 4G as well.
As with all the other Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich updates, HTC is delivering its Sense 3.6 UI with all the Android 4.0 features and a handful of bug fixes. While most will be fiddling with Face Unlock, the improved browser and advanced notification system, don’t forget to check out the camera. HTC has enhanced the camera experience with a panoramic feature and effects like Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize.
To check to see if the update is available for your HTC EVO Design 4G, press Menu > Settings > About Phone > HTC Software Updates > Check and follow the instructions to download and install the new build. Due to the size of the update, we suggest you jump on your 4G connection of find the closest WiFi network.
Android 4.0 enhancements and fixes
- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
- Create folders on your home panels
- Improved Android browser
- Improved accessibility
- Resizable Google widgets
- Add/remove panels
- Face unlock: use state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with a smile
- Redesigned camera app that introduces scenes like Panorama, and effects like Vignette, Depth of Field, Vintage and Posterize
- Redesigned Gmail app lets you swipe between conversations to catch up quickly
- Google+ integration
- Fix: Sprint Mobile Hotspot
- Fix: Dialing 1 to allow voicemail access
- Fix: Exchange calendar sync fail issue