HTC One V launched on Virgin Mobile USA for $199.99 – no contract required
We’re been talking about the Virgin Mobile branded HTC One V for month, and now it has finally arrived! Without much notice, Virgin Mobile USA has announced that the HTC One V is now available for $199.99 and can take advantage of their incredibly cheap $55/month unlimited plans. The best part is that you never have to sign a pesky two-year contract which means you can walk away (with your $200 HTC One V) any time you want.
The HTC One V may not have all the bells and whistles included in the HTC One X and One S, but it is a solid device which will make a lot of customers very happy. The HTC One V runs Android 4.0 with HTC Sense 4.0. Specs include a 1Ghz single core processor, 3.7-inch WVGA display, 512MB of RAM, 5 megapixel camera, dedicated HTC Imaging chip, BSI sensor, f2.0 lens and 720p HD video recording. As of now, no US carrier has signed up to carry the HTC One V but we do expect most European carriers to offer this phone to their customers in early Q2. For more details about the HTC One V, check out the full specs list and press release below.
Virgin mobile is selling the HTC One V starting today, but you will be able to find the phone at third-part retailers like Best Buy, Target, RadioShack and Walmart starting next month.
[toggle_box title="HTC One V specs" width="Width of toggle box"]
- CPU Speed: 1 GHz
- Platform: Android™ 4.0 with HTC Sense™ 4
- Memory1: Total storage:4 GB, RAM: 512 MB
- Expansion slot: microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth with aptX® enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
- Camera with ImageSense™
- 5 megapixel camera with auto focus, smart LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
- F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 720p HD video recording
- Dedicated imaging chip
- Capture a photo in the midst of recording HD video
- Continuous shooting mode captures multiple snapshots
- Sound enhancement: Beats Audio™
- Audio supported formats:
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
- Video supported formats:
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Battery: 1500 mAh
[toggle_box title="Press Release" width="Width of toggle box"]
Features HTC’s Amazing Camera, Authentic Sound with Beats Audio™ and Beyond Talk™ Plans as Low as $35 per Month Without a Contract
WARREN, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jun. 29, 2012– In the latest demonstration of its “Higher Calling” commitment to customers, Virgin Mobile USA is offering the HTC One™ V, a powerful all-around media monster to help customers stay connected, take and share great photos, keep up on email, and enjoy high-quality sound. The new HTC One V on Virgin Mobile is a great smartphone for multitaskers and music buffs and is now available for $199.99 on virginmobileusa.com and at local retailers, rolling out to national retailers Best Buy, RadioShack and Walmart through July and August.
HTC One V Comes to Virgin Mobile USA Features HTC’s Amazing Camera, Authentic Sound with Beats Audio(TM) and Beyond Talk(TM) Plans as Low as $35 Per Month Without a Contract (Photo: Virgin Mobile USA)
The HTC One V is the first Virgin Mobile USA phone to come with these awesome HTC One series features:
- Amazing Camera with HTC ImageSense brings improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor and the software, even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. The enhancements combine to deliver fast image capture, beautiful photos under adverse conditions, including low light, no light and bright backlight, and with Video Pic, the ability to concurrently capture 720p HD video and still images.
- Authentic Sound with Beats by Dr. Dre Audio™ offers rich and authentic sounds for music and videos to games and YouTube. With built-in software on the HTC One V, customers can connect to a computer, and HTC’s Sync Manager software automatically installs to simplify moving music and playlists to your phone from your music library.
- HTC Sense™ 41 also lets customers elect to automatically2 save photos and videos to Dropbox, then share that content directly from the Gallery. Dropbox also makes it easy to edit and share files. When signing up with a Dropbox subscription on your HTC One series phone, you’ll receive 25GB of Dropbox space free for two years3.
“This terrific handset for under $200, combined with our no-contract Beyond Talk unlimited data and messaging plans starting at $35 per month4, is an ideal alternative to postpaid offers and to other smartphones on the market,” said Jeff Auman, vice president, Virgin Mobile USA. “’A Higher Calling’ demands that we continue to expand our already stellar smartphone lineup, and we’re delighted to add this device from the HTC One series.”
Using the latest version of HTC Sense 4 integrated with Android operating system (4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich), the HTC One V comes with a 3.7-inch screen, a 1GHz processor, a 5-megapixel camera and 1500mAh embedded battery.