HTC Endeavor RUU port brings Android 4.0 with Sense 4.0 to the HTC Sensation - HTC Source
Recently we had the chance to discover Sense 4.0 running on Android 4.0 through the HTC Endeavor RUU. Thanks to this leak, TripNRaVeR managed to get the Android 4.0 build up and running on the HTC Sensation. This dutch developper is also behind the first CyanogenMod9 ROM for the HTC Sensation.
Some new features of Sense 4.0
- A “domino effect” shows us the end of the lists in the contacts and settings screens. A must see in the video below.
- When moving the tabs of an application there is a transition animation style “3D cube” a bit like the carousel Sense 3.x
- Notification bar with transparent effect similar to what we’ve already seen on the HTC ChaCha or MIUI ROMs
- Task Manager now features two tabs: RAM consumption and battery consumption
- New energy-saving mode: independent code management and decreased fluidity of the interface to save power
- Improved copy/paste: Once text is copied, no need to do a long press in the text box to paste, just click and a pop-up appears to quickly paste text.
- In the settings, all menus are ordered according to their category for clarity
- Native integration of Microsoft Skydrive
- A new application “Clock” with an outline style like “Google Earth” for displaying time and weather for cities across the globe
- The skins change the interface colors from top to bottom, much deeper than the previous version of Sense
- “Smart Sync” in the e-mail HTC. The application will learn your habits and get to know when to synchronize your mail. In the long term this would benefit the battery.
- Enhanced contacts: duplicate contacts can be found several times in our directory (finally!), merging, linking with social networking accounts
Of course it’s not all, there are still a lot of surprises that we can not access it with a custom ROM like HTC Speak which is expected to be HTC’s Siri competitor. We therefore look forward to the HTC Ville and Endeavor to get their hands on the final version of Sense 4.0 that promises nothing short of phenomenal.
As you can see in the video, the HTC Endeavor ROM port to the HTC Sensation is definitely buggy and slow. In fact this ROM is built for Tegra 3 architecture, so getting it to run smoothly on the Sensation’s S3 chip should prove to be a bit challenging. Perhaps we can expect more from a RUU Ville port since it’s designed from the ground up to run on a Qualcomm chip architecture.
What’s not working:
- Video playback
Disabled due to HD resolution:
- Rosie launcher
- Lock screen
- HTC IME keyboard
Source : HTC Hub