How to install the Pixel 2’s Launcher and Live Wallpapers on any Android device
The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are here! While there are plenty of reasons to buy either of the phones, you can give your old phone that new Pixel look without spending a dime. The Pixel 2 launcher is pretty slick, especially when it’s paired with the new Live Wallpapers Google has included which use animated imagery from Google Earth to shows waves crashing on a beach, birds flying over mountain ranges and cars driving on a lonely road.
Fortunately, getting the Pixel Launcher and a modified version of Google Wallpapers installed on your phone is pretty simple! Follow the instructions below and your Android phone or tablet’s home screen will have that fresh new Pixel 2 look in less than 5 minutes.
How to install the Pixel 2 launcher
- Go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Switch to Allow
- Download the Pixel 2 Launcher apk from APK Mirror
- Open the apk and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app
- Once installed, press the home button on your device and set the Pixel 2 Launcher as default
You now have the Pixel 2’s home screen on your Android phone or tablet! If you want to add the Pixel 2’s new Live Wallpapers as well, follow the second set of instructions below.
How to install the Pixel 2 Live Wallpapers
- Install Google Wallpapers from the Play Store
- Download the modified Pixel 2’s Google Wallpaper apk from APK Mirror
The modified apk was created by Pranav Pandey since the original apk crashes every time it is launched on any device that’s not the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL.
- Open the apk and follow the on-screen instructions to install the app. This installation will override the app you installed from the Play Store.
- Once installed, open the Google Wallpapers app, scroll to the bottom and select the Live Wallpapers category to pick the animated wallpaper you want to use.
Having the Pixel 2’s launcher and Live Wallpapers on your Android device may not be the same as owning the new Pixel 2, but it should make your older device feel a bit newer – at least for a week or two.
If you’re looking for other ways to spruce up the phone you currently have or add new functionality to it, check out our other How-To articles.
- How to add wireless charging to any Android smartphone
- How to record a Hyperlapse Video
- How to add limitless storage to your Android smartphone
- How to use NFC