HTC Vive world tour heading to a city near you
HTC Vive is still on track on a late Q4 retail launch, but HTC and Steam are hitting the road this summer to give the public the opportunity to test out the HTC Vive experience. HTC has built a custom big rig which will be making appearances across the US, Germany and France over the next few months. The truck itself isn’t anything more than a dark room which houses the HTC Vive laser boxes which are used to construct the virtual boundaries for the HTC Vive demo.
The hardware used for the HTC Vive world tour isn’t much different than what was shows off in Barcelona during mobile world congress. The main different is in the two hand-held motion controllers, which have shed their cables for an enhanced wireless experience. The Vive headset is still wired to a PC and will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future.
HTC Vive truck summer tour schedule
If you want to test the HTC Vive VR experience for yourself, we recommend taking a look at the schedule below to see when the Vive truck will be in your area.
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, specific location TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
The dates listed above may change, but you should be able to keep track of any updated on HTC’s blog.