T-Mobile HTC One S Android 4.1.1 update now available - HTC Source
The Android 4.1.1 update for the HTC One S is finally being pushed out by T-Mobile. We’re not sure if it’s a coincidence that the update has been released 24 hours after T-Mobile’s HTC One retail launch, but it does look a little suspicious.
If you have not received a notification on your HTC One S to download the Jelly Bean update, you can manually ping T-Mobile’s update servers by going to Settings > About > Software updates > Check now.
With HTC One S Android 4.1.1 update weighs in at 675.49 MB. Due to the size of the update, T-Mobile has made the decision that the update can only be downloaded over Wi-Fi. If you’ve owned your HTC One S for a while, we’d suggest doing a little storage cleanup before you start the download process. Half way through our first download attempt, we received a notification which said that download could not continue because of inadequate storage space on the device.
T-Mobile has yet to release the official change log for the HTC One S Android 4.1.1 update, but we’re assuming that HTC has included all of the same Jelly Bean and HTC Sense 4+ features that the HTC One X received last month.
- Google Now, which provides you with the latest relevant information you need, when you need it. Whether you’re checking the weather, checking flight information, tracking a package or more, you can get the information that matters most immediately in a single swipe.
- Changes to the notification display that groups updates from the same application together and allows you to expand or collapse any notification.
- The ability to view the full text of an SMS message and the full photo of a MMS in the notification window.
- An event notifications display that offers more of the event description, allowing you to quickly see relevant details without having to open an app.
- New countdown timer for the front-facing camera.
Just for fun. We created a video highlight of the HTC one S Android 4.1.1 download and install with the HTC One. Enjoy!