T-Mobile HTC 8X Windows Phone 8 Portico update now available - HTC Source
Well, that was quick. The Portico update for the HTC 8X is now available, roughly a day after T-Mobile announced that it was delaying the update to “perform a few tweaks.” We’re not exactly sure if the “tweaks” were actually made or if T-Mobile simply caved in to the dozens of HTC 8X owners who complained about the delay on their support forum.
If you own the HTC 8X, you should receive an update notification which will prompt you to download the 8.0.10211.204 update. If you’re not the type who like to wait around for the update notification, you should be able to manually ping Microsoft’s update servers be going to Settings > Phone Update. The update should address multiple bugs throughout the OS and keep the HTC 8X from randomly rebooting. Other improvements and fixes include better Bluetooth pairing, stability enhancements, new Messaging features, SMS call rejection and several WiFi and Hotspot tweaks.
Good news everyone! We’re releasing the update today!
I can definitely understand some of the sentiment in some of the above posts, you deserve to have a properly working device. This is why we wanted to ensure we did everything we could for a smooth update. Thank you again for your patience.
WP 8.0.10211.204 update features
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can’t take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It’s a nice way to let people know that you’re not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
Source: WP Central