Official: Budget-friendly HTC One SV heading to the UK in the coming weeks - HTC Source
HTC has just announced that the HTC One SV will be arriving in the UK within the coming weeks. If you’re on the market for the latest and greatest tech toy this holiday season, the HTC One SV is not the phone for you. Specs on the One SV include a 4.3-inch WVGA display, 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm S4 processor, 1Gb of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, a plethora of GSM, LTE and CDMA connectivity options and a removable 1,800 mAh battery. The 5 megapixel main camera features F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens HTC ImageChip and a BSI sensor while the 1.6 megapixel front-facing camera features F2.0 aperture.
Pricing and carrier launch dates for the HTC One SV are currently not available, but the doubt HTC will be able to get the phone to market before Christmas day. For more details about the HTC One SV, check out the full spec sheet, gallery and press release below.
- Qualcomm® S4 1.2 GHz, Dual-core
- Android™ with HTC Sense™
SIM CARD TYPE
- Total storage : 8 GB, available capacity varies1
- RAM:1 GB DDR2
Expansion Card Slot supports micro™ SD memory card for additional storage (card not included)
- 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (Asia)
- 900/1900/2100 MHz (Europe)
- HSPDA 42
- HSUPA 5.76
- 800/AWS/1900 MHz (North America)
- 1800/2600 MHz (Asia)
- 800/1800/2600 MHz (Europe)
- 700/AWS/1900 MHz (North America)
- Assisted GPS + GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth with aptX™ enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- NFC capable (Google wallet compatible)
Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio™ built in
CAMERA WITH HTC IMAGESENSE™
- 5 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
- F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1080p video recording
- 1.6 megapixel front camera (720p for video recording)
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip for fast focus and clearer, sharper shots
- VideoPic: Shoot video and capture pictures at the same time
- Continuous shooting: One-press continuous shooting captures up to 60 shots at 4fps
- Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
- Video stabilization: Removes shakiness for smooth, professional videos
- Slow motion video capture and playback
Audio supported formats:
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
Video supported formats:
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Battery type : Removable & rechargeable Li-ion battery3
- Capacity :1800 mAh
- Voltage range/frequency : 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output : 5 V and 1 A
- HTC EXTENDS ACCLAIMED ONE SERIES WITH HTC ONE SV
Super-fast LTE connectivity boosts the amazing camera and authentic sound of the award-winning One series
LONDON – 11TH DECEMBER, 2012 – HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, today unveiled the latest model in its award-winning One series, the HTC One SV. This new model combines the superfast speed of 4G LTE, an amazing camera and studio-quality sound with HTC’s stunning signature design. Running HTC Sense™ 4 on Android™ ICS, it is designed for those who want their smartphone to keep pace with their hectic lifestyle.
“The HTC One SV heralds the next generation of smartphone performance and lightning fast mobile internet,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “We’re delighted to help fuel the spread of 4G LTE networks worldwide with models that enable our customers to enjoy web browsing, movie streaming and Internet radio more quickly and more smoothly than ever before.”
Dependable, superfast performance
Featuring a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual core processor, and taking full advantage of the latest mobile network technology, the HTC One SV offers exceptional performance, enabling high-quality video streaming, gaming and seamless multitasking.
Never run out of space for documents, movies, pictures and apps with Dropbox and SkyDrive integration, which, supported by HTC One SV’s Micro SD card slot, expands the onboard memory by up to 32GB per card. Thanks to the latest NFC technology and Android Beam, you can also share your content with a simple tap of the phone to another NFC-enabled device.
Amazing camera, authentic sound
The HTC One SV offers the amazing camera synonymous with the acclaimed One series. Advanced functions, including one-press Continuous Shooting and VideoPic combined with advanced low-light performance for beautiful shots in challenging lighting conditions. The HTC One SV’s 5 megapixel, f/2.0 Back Side Illuminated main camera with Panorama and 1080p HD Video Recording is complemented perfectly by a 1.6 megapixel front facing camera, which also features backside illumination, and an f/2.2 lens. Whether at sunset or in candlelight, the HTC One SV’s front camera promises a self-portrait to treasure.
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ transforms the listening experience of the HTC One SV, offering studio-quality, authentic sound across all music, gameplay and video playback. New HTC Sync Manager also makes syncing and managing your music collection even easier, ensuring your entire library is as mobile as you are.
True to HTC’s heritage, the HTC One SV, with its 4.3 inch super LCD-2 touch screen, sports
an elegant design in a range of exciting colours: Pyrenees blue and Glacier white. Its
polycarbonate body is solid yet soft to the touch and is set off by matching silver or metallic
rim belts, and colour-co-ordinated mesh for a premium finish.
The HTC One SV will be available in the UK via selected operator, retail and distribution partners in the coming weeks.