Root any HTC device with HTC Quick Root - HTC Source
Looking for a simple way to gain root access on your HTC device? Last year, Revolutionary received a lot of attention as it offered a quick and easy way to gain root access and unlock a handful of HTC devices without much fuss. Unfortunately, the tool has not been updated and does not work with any of the new HTC devices which are currently on the market.
Fortunately, lyriquidperfection has stepped up to the challenge with HTC Quick Root which “One Click Root and UnRoot solution for ALL HTC Devices.” From what we can gather, HTC Quick Root takes advantage of a known universal exploit on all HTC devices. For the most part, this is truly a One Click Root tool, as long as your device is S-ON. Those with S-OFF devices will have to do a little more leg work to get the tool to work since you will need to track down some device specific files before you get started.
HTC Quick Root Features
- Root Using Insecure ‘Boot.img’ (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
- Option to Flash ‘HBOOT’ Image after Rooting, even if your device is ‘S-ON’!
- Verify MD5 Checksum of ‘HBOOT’ Image after backing up and after flashing.
- Unroot Device by Patching ‘adbd’ binary as Insecure.
- Root Tools to Clear Battery Stats and Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot device to any mode after Rooting.
- Execute Reboot commands independently.
- Thorough Error Checking and Stable ADB Framework implementation.
- Includes BusyBox v1.20.2 and SuperSU v0.96