HTC J heading to Hong Kong for $580 later this month
Hong Kong consumers looking to get their hands on the latest and greatest mobile technology will soon be able to purchase the newly announced HTC J . The Android 4.0 handset is based on the HTC One S (which launched earlier this year in Europe and North America) but has a few modifications which make it more suited for Asian customers. The HTC J will run on Android 4.0.3 and will feature a slightly modified version of HTC Sense 4.0 which includes widgets similar to those on the HTC Rhyme.
The basic specifications of the HTC J are identical to those of the HTC One S, but HTC has redesigned the phone’s shell a little in order to fit in extra components to support WiMax and One Seg mobile TV connectivity. The HTC J also features NFC integration since mobile payments in Hong Kong have become the standard for public transportation, vending machines across the country. The handset’s extra thickness is attributed to its removable battery and microSD card slot for external storage – two features quite a few HTC fans in the U.S. and Europe would have likes on the HTC One S and One X.
The HTC J will be available in black, white and red for HK$4,498 (roughly $580 USD) later this month, but we suspect it will be making an appearance in several other Asian countries before the end of the year.
HTC J Specifications
- Dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 MSM8660A
- 4.3-inch SuperAMOLED qHD display
- 16GB internal storage
- 1810 mAh battery
- WiMax, CDMA and
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/b 2.4GHz/5GHz
- 8MP, f/2.0, BSI, Single LED – Smart Flash, ImageChip 1080p HD Video with Stereo Sound
- Front-facing VGA camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Size: 66 (W) × 132 (H) × 10 (D) mm
- Weight: 142 grams
Mr. Terry Chung, Country Manager of HTC, Hong Kong and Macau, says, “With the exceptional quality design, the outstanding look and feel, the Amazing Camera and Authentic Sound features of HTC J, users can now enjoy the ultimate photo, image, and sound experience.”
Designed for the Asian market, HTC J is equipped with a simple and unique exterior design. The curved edges create a body that is modern and simple. HTC J comes in three colors: black, white and red. The HTC J integrates Android 4.0 (ICS) with HTC Sense™ 4, the HTC’s branded user experience that is introducing HTC ImageSense™, a suite of enhanced camera and imaging features. Whilst the integrated Beats Audio offers broad enhancements to audio quality and simplifies how people listen to music on their phone. Other impressive features of HTC J include the 1.5GHz dual-core processor, the 4.3” HD display, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and a microSD slot (maximum 32GB). In addition, the HTC J also supports CDMA and WiMAX networks allowing users to enjoy lightening mobile experience while travelling.
With ImageSense™, HTC J rivals traditional digital cameras with improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor, the software, and even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. These enhancements combine to deliver our fastest image capture, best image quality under adverse conditions and easiest interface that enables quick access to capturing stills and videos with side-by-side photo and video capture buttons.
- Superfast Capture - HTC J dramatically reduces the time it takes to capture those key moments. In just 0.7 seconds you’re able to take a shot, continue to take 99 shots simply by holding the shutter button
- Good photos in adverse conditions – HTC J delivers dramatic enhancements in image capture quality even in adverse conditions such as low light, no light or with bright backlighting. The f/2.0 lens on the HTC J offers best-in-class performance, capturing 40 percent more light than the f/2.4 lenses available on other high-end phones. HTC J also includes HDR, a market-leading technology, for taking great photos even when there are varying levels of brightness.
- Video Pic (Concurrent Video/Still Capture) – With Video Pic on new SenseTM 4, you capture a photo and shoot video at the same time. Now, while you’re shooting HD video, all you have to do is tap the shutter button and it snaps a high-resolution still photo while the video continues to shoot. You are also able to capture a photo frame from a previously recorded video.
The advanced camera in HTC J offers photography on a par with traditional digital camera. Moreover, HTC integrates online data storage and sharing platform that allows you to enjoy a unique and all-rounded camera performance:
- Dropbox integrated with HTC SenseTM 4 - HTC J gives you an easy way to save and share your photos and videos. HTC has integrated Dropbox into HTC SenseTM 4 enabling HTC J customers to get up to 25 gigabytes of free Dropbox space for two years. That’s enough to keep more than 10,000 high-quality photos. Dropbox is also integrated throughout HTC SenseTM 4, so it’s easy to edit, save and share your documents and other kinds of files.
With the SenseTM 4 on HTC J, Beats By Dr. Dre Audio™ integration is enabled for the first time across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound whether you’re listening to your favorite music, watching a YouTube™ video or playing a game, with the 3.5mm stereo audio jack.
HTC J also makes it easy to get and listen to your music on your phone with the built-in HTC Sync software that automatically installs to your PC or Mac computer when connected. Once connected, it is easy to transfer songs, artists and playlists from your iTunes and Window Media Player music library.
People today no longer just listen to the songs stored on their phones; they use streaming services and tune into Internet radio. With SenseTM 4, HTC J lets you customize the new HTC Music Hub with your favorite services and music applications, like the latest Soundhound technology, giving you one place to go for all of your music.
|HTC J Specifications|
|CPU Processing Speed||1.5 GHz dual core processor|
|Platform||Android™ 4.0 with HTC Sense™ 4|
|Size||132 x 66 x 10 mm|
|Weight||142 g ( with battery)|
|Display||4.3″ qHD 960 x 540 ,
Touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
|Storage (1)||Internal storage : 16 GB
RAM : 1GB
|Support microSD™ card (up to 32GB)|
|Camera||8 megapixel auto focus camera, F2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, BSI sensor, smart LED flash|
|1080p HD video recording, Video stabilization, slow motion video capture and playback|
|1.3 megapixel front camera|
|Dedicated imaging chip|
|Sound enhancement||Beats Audio™|
|Network Bands (2)||HSPA/WCDMA : 2100 MHz|
|GSM/GPRS/EDGE : 850/900/1800/1900 MHz|
|WiMAX : 2.5-2.7GHz|
|CDMA 2000: 800MHz|
|Internet (3)||HSPA : Up to 14.4 Mbps download speed, Up to 5.76 Mbps upload speed|
|Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Sensors||Gyro sensor, G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor|
|Location||Internal GPS antenna, HTC Locations (explore maps with zero wait), Google Maps|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm stereo audio jack|
|micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)|
|Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptx®|
|Power & Battery||Capacity: 1810 mAh|
|Note：||(1) The actual available internal storage may differ depending on the software configuration of your phone.|
|(2) Network bands depend on the mobile operator.|
|(3) Actual data speed is dependent on the network or Wi-Fi® signal strength.|
|Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.|
Pricing & Availability
The HTC J will be available in black, white and red soon, and the suggested retail price is HK$4,498.[/toggle_box]