How to SIM unlock the HTC Vivid and add T-Mobile’s access point
I recently purchased a HTC Vivid on Craigslist while on vacation in California (my home state I might add), fully aware that the phone is sold to operate with AT&T service, but I knew the good guys at HTCSIMUnlock.com would be able to help me get this phone unlocked and ready to run with my T-Mobile SIM card.
The process is simple, contact HTCSIMUnlock.com using their website, provide them with the IMIE number to your new/locked phone and follow the steps below. Please note these steps were used for a HTC Vivid and unlocking other phones may vary.
- Insert T-Mobile SIM card and power on the HTC Vivid.
- Unlock the phone using the circular slider.
- Enter the code received from HTCSIMUnlock.com when you see the prompt, ”Enter the SIM network unlock PIN” and press enter or done.
At this time you should see a successful message and the HTC Vivid will restart. After the phone has restarted, go to Settings, select Mobile Network, select Network Operators, press Search networks (T-Mobile & AT&T should pop-up) and then select T-Mobile. Your phone will begin registering with T-Mobile’s network and will notify you when this is complete. You may have to reboot one more time, but other than that your phone has been configured for cellular use with T-Mobile. Next, you will want to add T-Mobile’s Access Point Settings so you can use your data plan on the Vivid. Go to Mobile Network under Settingsand follow these steps:
- If there is a T-Mobile APN, touch it. If not, press the Menu key, and touch New APN.
- Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: epc.tmobile.com
- Proxy: <Not set>
- Port: <Not set>
- Username: <Not set>
- Password: <Not set>
- Server: <Not set>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS proxy: <Not set>
- MMS port: <Not set>
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication type: <Not set>
- APN type: <Not Set>
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Save.
Afterwards, you should be all set and your phone will be running on T-Mobile’s network. Thanks again to HTCSIMUnlock.com for the assistance!