HTC One S heading to Cincinnati Bell on June 25th for $199
Cincinnati Bell has just announced that they will start selling the HTC One S on June 25th for $199.99 with a new two-year contract. The HTC One S on Cincinnati Bell features all the same specs we’ve come to know and love on the unlocked EU and T-Mobile branded handsets. Customers will be treated to Android 4.0.3, HTC Sense 4, an amazing 8 megapixel camera with a dedicated ImageChip, and Qualcomm’s 1.5Ghz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor.
Cincinnati Bell is a regional carrier with most of its concentration in southeastern Indiana, southwestern Ohio, and northwestern Kentucky, but they do have an HSPA+ 4G roaming agreement with T-Mobile which gives Cincinnati Bell customers access to 4G data speeds in over 100 metropolitan markets.
Do we have any Cincinnati Bell customers around here? What are your thoughts on the new HTC One S?
[toggle_box title="Cincinnati Bell HTC One specifications" width="Width of toggle box"]
- CPU Speed: 1.5 GHz, dual core
- Platform: Android™ 4.0 with HTC Sense™
- SIM card type: microSIM
- Memory1: Total storage: 16 GB, RAM: 1 GB
- Network2: HSPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 850/900/2100 MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Gyro sensor
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth with aptX® enabled (Bluetooth® 4.0)
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
- Camera with ImageSense™:
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, smart LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures)
- F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- 1080p HD video recording
- 1.3 megapixel front camera (720p for video chat)
- Dedicated imaging chip
- Capture a photo in the midst of recording HD video
- Continuous shooting mode captures multiple snapshots
- Auto flash smartly determined by distance from your subject
- Video stabilization feature removes annoying, shaky motion
- High quality slow motion video capture and playback
- Sound enhancement: Beats Audio™
- Audio supported formats:
- Playback: aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
- Video supported formats:
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Battery: 1650 mAh
[toggle_box title=Press Release" width="Width of toggle box"]
CINCINNATI, Jun 15, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) — Cincinnati Bell Wireless, a division of Cincinnati Bell Inc. CBB -0.14% , today announced the addition of the HTC One(TM) S to its 4G Android(TM) smartphone lineup. The HTC One S will be available from Cincinnati Bell beginning June 25.
One of the thinnest and most powerful smartphones available, the HTC One S integrates HTC Sense 4, a new version of HTC’s branded user experience featuring HTC ImageSense(TM) with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), and a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm(R) Snapdragon(TM) S4 processor.
“For many consumers, the smartphone doubles as their camera, video recorder, audio player, GPS, and more,” said Mike Vanderwoude, senior vice president and general manager, Consumer Markets at Cincinnati Bell. “As one of the fastest phones available on Cincinnati Bell’s 4G wireless network, the HTC One S combines speed, style, and technology into an experience customers won’t soon forget.”
The sleek aluminum unibody design of the HTC One S, measuring only 130.9-by-65-by-7.8 millimeters and weighing just 4.3 ounces, includes HTC’s Amazing Camera and Authentic Sound experiences. With HTC ImageSense, the HTC One S rivals traditional digital cameras with improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor, the software, and even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. These enhancements combine to deliver HTC’s fastest image capture, best image quality under adverse conditions and an easy interface that enables quick access to capturing stills and videos, including shooting video and capturing stills at the same time. Beats Audio(TM) integration is now enabled across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound whether listening to music, watching a YouTube(TM) video or playing a game.
Key features of the HTC One S are highlighted below:
- 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED touch screen with 540 x 960 resolution
- HTC Sense 4 integrated with the Android 4.0 operating system
- Rear-facing 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0, face detection, auto focus, smart LED flash, digital and optical zoom, and back-illuminated (BSI) sensor for better low-light captures
- Front-facing camera for video chat and self portraits
- Built-in Beats Audio technology for richer, more authentic sound experience
- Integrated Google(TM) services including Google Search(TM) by voice, YouTube and turn-by-turn directions with Google Maps(TM)
- 16 gigabytes of internal memory with 25GB of DropBox space, free for two years*
- 1650 mAh embedded battery
The HTC One S will be available from Cincinnati Bell beginning June 25. It will be priced at $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate and two-year equipment agreement. Visit www.cincinnatibell.com/htc-one-s for more information and updates regarding online availability. Customers can also call (800) 500-1229 or contact their business account representative.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. * Sign up using the HTC One S device. DropBox is provided by a third party.