How to SIM unlock the AT&T HTC One X for free -
Buying a new phone like the HTC One X can be exciting, but what happens if you want to take your device with you to another service provider? If you purchased an unlocked international phone, you can pop in any SIM card you want and go about your business, but things get a little tricky when you purchased your HTC One X from AT&T since the handset is locked down and is not able to make calls when using a SIM card from any other service provider.
Fortunately, there are multiple solutions. If you’re willing to pay, you can get a SIM unlock code for the HTC One X for only $12.95. But we have a better solution. If you want to unlock your AT&T branded HTC One X without spending a dime, call AT&T customer service they will email you your HTC One X unlock code. The only catch is that you must have an account in good standing (60 days of active service with a pre-paid account).
In order to SIM unlock your AT&T HTC One X, you must have your IMEI number and a microSIM card from another service provider.
Obtain your HTC One X SIM unlock code from AT&T
- Locate your handset IMEI number within Settings > About Phone > Phone Identity > IMEI
- Write down your IMEI number
- Call AT&T customer service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your HTC One X
- Ask customer service for the SIM unlock code for your HTC One X
- Customer service will ask for your IMEI number and will fill out a request form. Once the SIM unlock code request form is processed, the code will be emailed to you (typically 1-3 days later)
SIM unlock the AT&T HTC One X
- Once you receive your SIM unlock code from AT&T, turn off your HTC One X
- Remove the AT&T microSIM card from the phone
- Insert a microSIM card from another service provider and turn the HTC One X back on
- When prompted, enter SIM unlock code provided by AT&T
- Enjoy your HTC One X on any GSM carrier of your choice.