How to SIM unlock your T-Mobile HTC One S for free -
Buying a new phone like the HTC One S can be exciting, but what happens if you want to take your device with you to another service provider? If you purchased an unlocked international phone, you can pop in any SIM card you want and go about your business, but things get a little tricky when you purchased your HTC one S from T-Mobile since the handset is locked down and is not able to make calls when using a SIM card from any other service provider.
Fortunately, there are multiple solutions. If you’re willing to pay, you can get a SIM unlock code for the HTC One S for only $12.95. But we have a better solution. If you want to unlock your T-Mobile branded HTC One S without spending a dime, call T-Mobile customer service they will email you your HTC One S unlock code. The only catch is that you must have an account in good standing (60 days of active service with a pre-paid account or 40 days of active service with a post paid account).
In order to SIM unlock your T-Mobile HTC One S, you must have your IMEI number and a microSIM card from another service provider.
Obtain your HTC One S SIM unlock code from T-Mobile
- Locate your handset IMEI number within Settings > About Phone > Phone Identity > IMEI
- Write down your IMEI number
- Call T-Mobile customer service at 1-800-937-8997 or dial 611 from your HTC One S
- Ask customer service for the SIM unlock code for your HTC One S
- Customer service will ask for your IMEI number and will fill out a request form. Once the SIM unlock code request form is processed, the code will be emailed to you (typically 1-3 days later)
SIM unlock the T-Mobile HTC One S
- Once you receive your SIM unlock code from T-Mobile, turn off your HTC One S
- Remove the T-Mobile microSIM card from the phone
- Insert a microSIM card from another service provider and turn the HTC One S back on
- When prompted, enter SIM unlock code provided by T-Mobile
- Enjoy your HTC One S on any GSM carrier of your choice.
For information on the SIM Unlock Code, refer to the following:
- If you purchased a device from T-Mobile, it has been programmed with a SIM lock which will prevent the phone from operating with other compatible wireless telephone carrier’s services. If you wish to use the phone with the service of another wireless telephone carrier, you must enter a numeric SIM Unlock Code to unlock the phone.
- If you have a Postpaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 40 days of active service with T-Mobile and did not request a Subsidy unlock code in the last 90 days.
- For customers with a Prepaid Plan, T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible customers, provided the requesting customer has a minimum of 60 days of active service with T-Mobile and either a Prepaid Plan account balance of at least $10.00 or a prior refill within the last 30 days.
- T-Mobile will provide the SIM Unlock Code upon request to eligible former customers, provided that T-Mobile has such code or can obtain it from the manufacturer.
- If you paid full retail price for a device, you qualify to have the SIM subsidy unlock code providedif you meet the following requirements:
- The device must have been purchased at a T-Mobile retail store or authorized T-Mobile retailer.
- The device must be paid for completely. You must be able to fax the proof of purchase to T-Mobile.
- If you don’t want to hassle with T-Mobile’s SIM unlock policies, you can always buy your SIM unlock code for the HTC One S for only $12.95 from htcsimunlock.com.