HTC Rezound Android 4.0 update leaks
The HTC Velocity, HTC Sensation and Sensation XE all have official Android 4.0 updates rolling out and now it looks like Verizon may be on the verge of releasing the OTA update for the HTC Rezound. A few days ago, an Android 4.0 update for the HTC Rezound found its way onto the web and can be easily be installed by simply downloading the file renaming it to “PH98IMG.zip”, placing it into the main directory of your memory card and reboot your phone into the bootloader by holding the volume down and power buttons – no root access required.
There’s no guarantee that this is the final build that Verizon and HTC will be making available to HTC Rezound owners in the coming weeks or months, but we’ve heard from a few of you already which claim that the build is a lot more stable than the other Android 4.0 leaks which have surfaced recently.
If you’re brave enough to install the leaked Android 4.0 update in your HTC Rezound, leave us a comment below to let us know what you think of the update and if you experience any issues. Don’t forget, installing a leaked Android build on your phone does comes with several risks (you could brick your phone), so please read all the instructions carefully before you do so.
- Android OS 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- CMAS support added
- IPv6 over eHRPD supported
- UI updated to Sense 3.6
- Caller Name ID app added
- VMM/BUA plus updated
- New storage UI (under settings menu)
- Changing pin causes EULA to be displayed
- Wrong time displayed in and around Phoenix, AZ
- EAS message – “Client/Server Conversion Error”.
- EAS message – “Exchange policies have changed”
- EAS message – “Certificate Error”
- Home screen partially blocked with black bar
- Hotspot data stalls
- Removed power mode settings (which forced device into CDMA only)
- Group message not displaying originating MDN
- Call button not disabled when using voice commands
- People widget displaying two different birthdays
- Verizon Location Agent removed – impacting battery life
- SSO athentication fails for VCAST Tones
- “To” field text deleted if device is rotated (in Compose or Forward Voicemail)
- Google Talk app formatting
Source: Android Police