VitruousS4X ROM ports HTC Endeavor RUU to the HTC Sensation and HTC EVO 3D
Last week, a leaked RUU of the HTC Endeavor (HTC One X) made its way onto the web. The good folks over at RootzWiki were the first to create a working Rom out of the leaked RUU and were able to port it to the HTC Sensation, but the Virtuous team has now released their own port which works a lot better. Besides some of the typical customizations done by the Virtuous team, the main difference between the Rom we posted last week and the new virtuousS4X ROM is that most of the HTC Sense 4.0 graphics have been scaled down to qHD resolution so that they display properly.
Currently, the virtuousS4X ROM for the HTC EVO 3D and HTC Sensation is classified by the virtuous team as an X-Series ROM (Experimental) since it is not “feature complete” and shouldn’t be used by those who expect 100% reliability out of a ROM. The ROM is stable and features cellular radio support for the HTC Sensation and GSM EVO 3D, but the CDMA EVO 3D port is still experiencing many connectivity issue.
- Based on the leaked Endeavour test ROM (0.96.401.2).
- Resized for qHD (960×540) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC’s proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.
- Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
- Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules. (For Evo 3D only)
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
What doesn’t work:
- WiFi hotspot
- YouTube and other video applications
- Home screen landscape rotation
It may not be a perfect ROM, but it looks like the virtuous team is well on its way to creating a fully stable Android 4.0 ROM with HTC Sense 4.0. If you own the HTC EVO 3D or HTC Sensation, we recommend you keep a close eye on the VirtuousS4X development threads on XDA-Developers.