A simple trick to force the NoDo update on the T-Mobile HTC HD7
Waiting around for an update notification can be one of the most frustrating things we can think of. Microsoft has started sending out OTA notifications to T-Mobile’s HTC HD7 owners, letting them know that the NoDo update is available through Zune. The only catch is that you have to receive the notification before you can download and install the update. If you’ve an owner of a T-Mobile HTC HD7, we may have a tip that could force the update process. Simply follow the steps below and you may be able to trick Zune into think that your handset has received the OTA update notification.
- Turn your phone on Airplane mode and turn off WIFI
- Connect your phone to your PC to open Zune
- Go to phone settings and get ready to click the update button.
- Click the update button and immediately disconnect your computer from the web (unplug LAN cable or disable Wi-Fi)
- If executed properly, Zune will make the update available
- Reconnect your computer to the web and click the update button in Zune
We’ve heard from a few of our readers that this trick seems to work. Hopefully this exploit will also come in handy when Microsoft rolls out the NoDo update to other Windows Phone 7 HTC handsets.
Source: HTC Pedia