New DROID Eris update squashes bugs and updates a few features - HTC Source
Verizon may have killed off the HTC DROID Eris a lot time ago, but that does not mean they are no longer supporting the handset. DROID Eris owners should soon receive an OTA system update which is intended to fix a few bugs and updates a few features. We’re sure a few of you will ask, so we want to make it clear that this is not an update to Android 2.2. Verizon and HTC have made it clear that the DROID Eris will be remaining on Android 2.1 unless you decide to root the handset and take matters into your own hands. Now that we have that all cleared up, below is a list of features included in the new DROID Eris update.
- Improved Bluetooth connection performance with Mercedes-Benz E350 automobiles.
- New Twitter authentication allows users to login to their accounts with ease.
- The Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) display, showcasing the strength of the incoming signal on the device, has been visually improved.
- Visual Voice Mail (v1.0.19) now comes preloaded.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 calendars can now be synced with the device.
- Videos, pictures, and audio multimedia messages can be sent and received with or without text included.
- Videos, pictures, and audio multimedia messages sent to devices on other wireless carrier networks will be received.
To install the update, you’ll need to wait for your handset to receive an update notification. Once your DROID Eris gets pinged, simply follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the 13.3MB file which will update your handset to version number 2.41.605.6. If you receive the update, be sure to stop back and let us know how it went.
Source: Verizon Support