Updated: HTC unveils the HTC Desire Z
It’s no surprise that HTC unveiled the HTC Desire Z at today’s press event in London. Like the T-Mobile bound G2, the HTC Desire Z will be the first handset to feature the new Qualcomm MSM7230 clocked at 800MHz which should make it this phone the most powerful device in HTC’s Android lineup. The new HTC Sense will allow users to edit video and image files on the fly that are captured with the Desire Z’s 5MP camera with LED flash. HTC’s new htcsense.com feature now allows users to manage their content on their devices remotely. If you happen to lose your phone, the service will allow users to remotely locate, lock wipe, or even forward phone calls or text messages. And for those who seem to misplace their handset in the house, you’ll now be able to make the phone ring loudly even if the handset is set to silent of vibrate.
The HTC Desire Z will be launching in European and Asian markets in October and should make its way to North America (presumably Canada) later in the year. As always, pricing for the HTC Desire Z will be determined by your carrier of choice. We’ll be updating the post with a few more pictures once HTC finally makes them public.
UPDATE: we’re still working on getting the official press shots of the HTC Desire Z, but we were able to dig up a few hidden images on HTC’s website. Enjoy!
UPDATE 2: We thought you guys would enjoy the Desire Z’s official spec sheet and press images.
HTC Desire Z Specs
- 800 MHZ Qualcomm 8230 Snapdragon processor
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) with HTC Sense
- 1.5 GB of internal storage
- 512 MB of RAM
- Size: 119 x 60.4 x 14.16 mm.
- Weight: 180 grams (6.34 ounces) with battery
- 3.7″ Super LCD, capacitive, WVGA resolution display
- HSPA/WCDMA (900/2100 MHz) and GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Bluetooth® 2.1, A2DP, FTP, OPP, and PBAP
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Standard micro-USB for charging and sync
- 5 megapixel color camera with auto focus and flash with 720p HD video recording
- 1300 mAh rechargeable lithium battery
- Motion, proximity, and ambient light sensor